1 serving provides:
- ⅛ cup red/orange vegetable
- ⅜ cup starchy vegetable
|2 qt (1 lb 10 oz) Potato flakes, dehydrated|
|1 Tbsp Kosher salt, fine ground|
|1 tsp Black pepper|
|1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic powder|
|2 tsp Onion powder|
|3 qt + 1 cup Hot water|
|2 qt + 2 cups (3 lb) Spaghetti squash flesh, baked|
|1 gal (3 lb 4 oz) Potato flakes, dehydrated|
|2 Tbsp Kosher salt, fine ground|
|2 tsp Black pepper|
|2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Garlic powder|
|1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Onion powder|
|1 gal + 2 qt + 2 cups Hot water|
|1 gal + 1 qt (6 lb) Spaghetti squash flesh, baked|
Harvest Hashbrown Directions
- In a large bowl, whisk together potato flakes, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add hot water to potato mixture. Mix well by hand.
- Fold in the squash using a rubber spatula.
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F. Spray parchment-lined sheet with cooking spray. Portion mixture onto sheet tray using a #16 scoop (4 X 5). Spray top of scooped mixture with cooking spray. Lay parchment over the scooped mixture. Place a full sheet tray on top of parchment. Press gently to flatten into 3" diameter circles. Remove sheet tray and parchment from the top.
- Bake at 400°F for 16-18 minutes to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once baked, serve using a metal spatula.
- Two hashbrowns per serving.
- Process #2: Same Day Service
Recipe developed with funding from USDA’s Team Nutrition Training Grant for School Meal Recipe Development.
(Pennridge School District)
This project was funded using U. S. Department of Agriculture grant funds.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.