For 25 & 50 servings, see Recipe notes below.
CACFP Home Childcare Crediting Information
½ cup (½ cup measuring cup or 4 oz spoodle) provides:
- ½ cup vegetable (½ cup other vegetable).
|½ cup or 5 oz Low-fat yogurt, plain|
|¼ cup or 2 oz Low-fat mayonnaise|
|¼ cup or 2 ½ oz Honey|
|⅛ cup Apple cider vinegar|
|¼ tsp Salt|
|¼ tsp Ground black pepper|
|4 cups (1 qt) or 6 oz Fresh green cabbage, chilled, shredded|
|¾ cup or 1 ¼ oz Fresh purple cabbage, chilled, shredded|
|¾ cup or 2 oz Fresh carrots, shredded|
|½ cup or 1 oz Fresh green onions, diced|
|½ cup or 2 ¼ oz Dried cranberries|
Creamy Coleslaw Directions
- Dressing: Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well. Set aside for step 3.
- Salad: Combine cabbage, carrots, onions, and dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl. Toss lightly. Set aside for step 3.
- Five minutes before serving time pour dressing over vegetable mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer coleslaw to a large serving dish.
- Critical Control Point: Cool to 40 °F or lower within 4 hours.
- Critical Control Point: Hold at 40 °F or below until served.
- Serve ½ cup (portion with ½ cup measuring cup or 4 oz spoodle).
Source: Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Schools (USDA).