|16 oz Egg noodles|
|2 tablespoons Butter|
|2 tablespoons Olive oil|
|2 Onions, yellow or white (sliced)|
|1 head Cabbage (sliced fine)|
|½ cup Water|
|1 tablespoon Caraway seed|
|*to taste* Salt and pepper|
- Boil the noodles in a large pot with salted water until then are al dente, while the pasta is cooking make the cabbage mixture.
- Cabbage mixture: melt the 2 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil in a large sauté pan add the onions and sauté until they are lightly caramelized.
- Add the cabbage a little salt and the ½ cup of water. The water will help to steam the cabbage.
- Sauté until the cabbage is wilted and the water has evaporated.
- Add the caraway seed and continue to sauté the cabbage until it is lightly caramelized.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with the noodles and season with salt and pepper to taste.